Monday, May 31, 2010

Ip Man 2


I was reminded of my philosophy after I finished the movie on Thursday evening. I usually try not to get my expectations too high for any movie so that should it turn out bad, I would not be too disappointed. I think I let it slip for this one. After all, most were implying  that it beat Iron man 2 hands down and since I enjoyed Iron Man 2, this should be at least a little better. Right? Wrong! Turned out I enjoyed Iron Man 2 more than Ip Man 2.

Maybe I really am weird or something. Don't get me wrong. It was not lousy. You can tell a lot of effort were put into the production. Maybe its the predictability of the movie that caused the downfall of the movie for me. After all, you know Ip Man cannot die, if not there will not be the movie anymore, not to mention Bruce Lee. The fighting scenes were okay. Some were quite comical unintentionally I believe. To be fair, the fighting scenes with Sammo Hong and Donnie Yen were decent. Other than that, there was not much kick to the fighting.

Okay, I suppose I should just keep to my philosophy for the rest of the movies and I suppose I'll probably enjoy them more......

No comments:

Post a Comment