Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Sons Of Joseph

Been a really good boy and following the instructions of the pastor who prayed for me prior to my Taiwan trip and reading the bible from Genesis onwards. Came to chapter 41 which talks about Joseph and the names of his sons. I especially like verse 52 which mentions the name of his second son.

51 Joseph named the firstborn Manasseh, "For," he said, "God has made me forget all my trouble and all my father's household."

52 He named the second Ephraim, "For," he said, "(AL)God has made me fruitful in the land of my affliction."

I am especially encouraged by the reason the name Ephraim was given to the second son. I am also believing for God to make me fruitful in the land of my affliction. I think I have this notion that fruitfulness means that everything is going smoothly in my life. But from the verse above I suppose I can deduce that I can be fruitful even when things are not going my way or even in 'the land of affliction'.

Also trusting God to make me forget all my trouble as well. Hmmm, seems like quite some way to go but God can do it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment