Sunday, March 7, 2010

He Is Speaking Again......

It's rare for me to be spiritual nowadays. Today happens to be one of those days. I was having breakfast with a friend this morning when I was reminded about this passage of scripture from Matthew 21: 28-31 which goes:

 28"What do you think? There was a man who had two sons. He went to the first and said, 'Son, go and work today in the vineyard.'
 29" 'I will not,' he answered, but later he changed his mind and went.
 30"Then the father went to the other son and said the same thing. He answered, 'I will, sir,' but he did not go.
 31"Which of the two did what his father wanted?"
      "The first," they answered.

I guess I am somewhat like the first son. I know what I am to do but yet I knowingly rebelled against what I know to do. But somewhere along the way, I changed my mind and decided to do things God's way. Feel like I am almost at that stage already. Am too tired and drained rebelling against what I know is right. 


What got my attention somewhat was the question Jesus asked at the end of the parable. "Which one did what his father wanted?" At the end of the day, God was only interested in us doing what he wanted. Guess I started really late. But I am coming to that place.......


Next, I was attending the Mandarin service and Pastor was preaching about the prodigal son. He was illustrating how the father welcomed his son back with open arms despite all the pain, shame he caused him. Again, I see myself in the son's shoes. I always had a disdain for people who claimed to be Christians yet behaved in such a way which I felt embarrassed Christians. Well, after living the way I did for the past few months, I really am far from proud, to say the least. But from the parable, the father who depicts God did not even seem conscious of all the shame the son caused him and was just glad he had his son back. 


Okay, I am practically won over. Really am too tired to live this kind of life. Father, I really need Your help and strength to continue this road, doing what You want instead of what I want......

No comments:

Post a Comment