Friday, June 25, 2010

Starting Over

I think one of the hardest thing in life is to start all over. Sometimes things have been the way they are for so long and having something there seems better than not having anything at all. If only the human mind can be formatted as easily as the computer harddisk. Select what you do not want, right click and click on the 'delete' option. Voila! You got it done. Want some nice stuff? Just install it in. Cut and paste. Simple! Unfortunately life does not seem to be as simple. It really takes effort, time and discipline to get rid of the old stuff and to add new ones. All of which I am not willing to put in at the moment, having become so lazy of late. Then there are the excuses that I am no longer that young. 'It just takes too much out of me,' and so on.

Despite the fact that the trip to Kk was really tough on me, I learnt that the human capability is almost limitless. So many times I wanted to give up during the climb to the peak. I dragged myself about ten to twenty steps and I had to take a five minute break. This went on for most part of the climb of the peak. All the verses about 'I can do all things through Christ' and 'God has given ne a spirit of power, love and sound mind' were my incantations during the arduous climb. Guess what? I did make it, despite my ever so great desire to give up and take a rest. So, at the end of the day, I suppose a lot of things depend more of where we want to or not, rather we can do or not. Trust me. That brings no comfort at all. It just emphasizes the fact that my well-being depends very much on ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment