Sunday, May 17, 2009

Today's Worship

I finally got through today's worship! Okay, sounds like I really dreaded which I did in a sense. No. 1 I had not seriously touched the keyboard for months.
No. 2 I only received the songlist on thursday so effectively I had only 3 days to prepare.
No. 3 There were fast songs with Cm Fm Gm Bb Eb Ab chords in it.
Arrrrrrhhhh.

Yesterday when we had the practice I really panicked man. Thank God for solid guitarists like Thye Peng. He was the one who played the most so I could get away with mininal playing. Whew. Actually he used to play for NCC worship team so he got 'liao' one man.

So the mandarin worship went pretty okay, thank God. Did not destroy the worship which I thought I would have. :) Then came the english one. Thank God it turned out pretty okay as well. My worship leader Daniel was really good. I am always impressed with his ability to take the simple skills that I have and make it sound good overall. Think I need to play more in worship. Gone rusty is really an understatement. I bugged Daniel to teach me keyboard after the session. Hope he can squeeze out time to coach me. That would be great.

Hmmm, so many things to learn, so little time. Hmmm, the conclusion? I just need like a million bucks so that I can quit my job and go full time into music. That would be heaven man. Okay back to reality again. Just take things one step at a time I suppose.

Thank you Lord for watching over my hands today. Really grateful that You pulled me through man......

No comments:

Post a Comment