Monday, May 11, 2009

Father's Thoughts

The father's thoughts,......

Son, I want to give you the best things in life.
I want to give you the toys that I never had.
I want you to enjoy the luxuries I never enjoyed.
I want you to be the envy of all your friends in school.
I want you to have the best education that my parents could never afford.
I want you to live in a mansion that I could only dream about when I was young.

The son's thoughts,......
Dad, I wish you could just spend some time with me.
I wish I could say 'good night' to you before I drift to sleep.
I wish You were there to comfort me when I was down and out.
I wish you would be there to say that you are proud of me when I have done right.
I wish you could make it in time to the dinner table so that we could have a meal together.
I wish you would give me more of your time than more of your money, your presence than presents.

No comments:

Post a Comment