Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Bad Scare Last Night

It was really bad. I wanted to find a friend whom I had lost contact for a good number of years now on facebook. The problem was that I spelt his surname with an extra 'e'. It was supposed to be 'chong' but I spelt it as 'cheong'. So to my horror, the next page showed a pic which being blurred looked similar to him. And it was a 'R.I.P' profile. From the brief moment I read the profile, apparently the person was brutally murdered in Amsterdam. He was shot a number of times in the head in a robbery or something. For the amount of time I mistook that person for my friend, I was utterly shocked. How could such a thing have happened?

Thank God I had enough sense to look up the church website he was featured since he serves as a pastor there presently. Then I realised that I had spelt his surname wrongly. Then I started to recover, so to speak. The whole episode was just so traumatising. Though I may not know the person, my heart goes out to him. Thinking bout the episode still gives me the creeps since the blurred photo really does look like my friend......

No comments:

Post a Comment