Saturday, December 12, 2009

3 Worst Emotions To Have

No. 1 Loneliness
No. 2 Hopelessness and Helplessness

I ranked hopelessness and helplessness together cos to me they are on the same scale of lethality. To me, loneliness is the worst emotion to feel. For most, these emotions on their own are destructive enough. Should all three come at the same time, it is more than sufficient to drive a person to suicide.

Funny (or maybe not so funny) thing is, within these few months, I have had occasions where all three decided to visit me at the same time. Of course the potential destruction was synergistically exponentialized and I fell in pretty severe depression. Yet, I am still alive.

Nope, I am not trying to put a feather on my cap for being able to survive these combinations of emotions. Sometimes, death seems like a less painful way out compared to being tormented by these emotions. But somehow, in the midst of it all, I know Someone has been holding on to me. I can't quite fathom why since I really do not see much worth in myself anyway, but Jesus has been faithful to hold me through some pretty tough times.

Nope, I don't think I am out of these as yet. But I conclude that I have survived till now for a reason (which I have yet to realise) but Jesus will continue to hold on to me......

Jeremiah 29:11 (Amplified) For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome.

Hebrews 13: 5 (Amplified)......for He [God] Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support. [I will] not, [I will] not, [I will] not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake nor let [you] down (relax My hold on you)! [Assuredly not!]


Thank you Lord......

No comments:

Post a Comment